Wednesday 22 May 2013

Kingswood 2013

22nd May 2013

Today's activites were dominated by the Leap of Faith. There was a great deal of anticipation and nerves involved while waiting for this activity to begin or sitiing and watching others do it.

I am really proud to tell you that all the children, in the real Christ Church spirit of 'I'm going to have a go' ethos, have attempted and done their best, conquering many of their fears on the way.

Children's comments:

We are all about to do the Leap of Faith and we are all so excited! Stay in tune for more Kingswood information. (Liam)

The absailing was really fun and really high! (Abigail)

The pole for the Leap of Faith is really high! I'm not even sacred. (Kasey)

The Leap of Faith was kind of frightening but when I did it, I felt like I could do anything. (Josh P.)

I attempted absailing twice but I was too scared to do it. However, I went for the third time and I managed to do it, Yipee, I succeeded. (Eleanor)

I had so much fun on the Leap of Faith. (Molly)

I had a fantastic time on the Leap of Faith. I was scared when I was on the platform about to jump. The pole moved when I was on the platform and I nearly fell off, but finally I jumped and caught the bar! It was fabulous. (Sarah)

The Leap of Faith was great. At last, I got to the top of the tower and slid off. Great fun today. (Josh D.)



7 comments:

  1. Judith Greaves22 May 2013 at 19:39

    Well done to everyone for conquering your fears - I am not sure we, as parents, would have been able to do this!!! Delighted you are having a great time..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! They are all so brave!!! Glad to see they are having so much fun. The sun is also shining for them. Lovely to see a picture of James enjoying himself with his friends x Kim Dewbrey x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done all of you for being Brown Mice on these activities. Glad you are having fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so impressed by all your bravery! It is a moment you will never forget. I can't wait to find out all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great to hear you're having such fun, really proud of you for doing the leap of faith I know I couldn't do it.
    Thank you for all the updates and pictures it's almost like we're there with you.
    Looking forward to the next instalment what will you get up to next!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow!! That pole looks really high- don't think I could even stand on it let alone jump off it !! Well done to all of you that did you are very brave!!
    I think that first photo is my little girl - so proud of you Moo I knew you'd do it!!
    Can't wait to hear about all the fun things you've been up to
    Debbie Berrecloth

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really enjoying reading about the adventures of Year 6, looks as though you are all having an amazing time. Very brave of you all to have ago at the Leap Of Faith.
    Clare RW

    ReplyDelete