Thursday 31 May 2012

Kingswood - Thursday

It was the day the rain arrived, we got wet through but the spirits stayed high. The activities got harder and harder; our limits were truly tested by the 'Leap of Faith'.

Just imagine this scene, the rain was lashing down, the wind blew in their faces, but Christ Church children just kept on climbing that horribly slippery and wobbly pole. One by one, they got to the very top, stood up on a tiny platform and took a test of the ultimate endurance, the 'Leap of Faith'.

We, adults, totally drenched and hunched up on a little bench below, were left amazed and immensely proud of the children. What a pity, you parents were not here to witness their personal successes.

Never mind, I am sure that they will tell you all about it, see you all tomorrow.

Children's comments:

Please, remember that all the children were asked to contribute but some chose not to.

Georgie: The disco was very good.
Abigail: Can't wait to come home and see my family and pet.
Maisie: The 'Leap of Faith' was very scary and the pole was wobbly but I enjoyed it.
Natalie: Kingswood is brilliant. The 'Leap of Faith' was so scary, however, I really enjoyed it. I have loved it but I'm glad to be going to see my family soon.
Ellie: 'Leap of Faith' was brilliant, the zip wire was fantastic, go carting was amazing. I am really going to miss this place.
Josie: Leap of Faith was amazing. I enjoyed it so much, the pole was wobbly and it was really tall, good though.
Iris: I got half way up the pole, got scared and came down. But this still means I did the Leap of Faith.
Ruby: I got half way, hated it, cried, came down and discovered I'm scared of hights. But I still can't wait to go home. NOT.
Imogen: I enjoyed the Leap of Faith, it was very scary and fun at the same time.
Amelia: I enjoyed the zip wire and the Leap of Faith, they were both scary when you got to the top, but once you jumped you felt safe and wished you weren't sacered on the way up.
Year 6 girls (Dorm 13): We really enjoyed the whole week at Kingswood, it is a really good way to end our time at the primary school. Thank you for this opportunity.
Joseph (Birthday Boy): I had an excellent birthday today!

4 comments:

  1. Glad to hear how much fun the children are having and how brave they are doing the Leap of Faith! Glad Joseph enjoyed his birthday. Hope you're having a lovely time with your friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would be great to see more pics. Looks fab

    ReplyDelete
  3. Iris well done - vertigo is genetic!

    Enjoy the disco and a safe journey home. Gertie is missing you loads [well we all are] xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carol Mautterer1 June 2012 at 07:10

    Well done Maz! Knew you could do it. Can't wait to see you & hear all about it later xx

    ReplyDelete