Wednesday 29 June 2011

Eden Project Marathon

Running Shoes
In October Mr Alchin will run in the Eden Project Marathon. He has very kindly volunteered to do this as a fundraiser for our school. Below he explains why he runs.

Why do we run?
People run for many different reasons. For some, it's the ideal way to keep their weight in check, for others it's the buzz of competition and achieving personal bests and then there are those who run, quite simply, because they enjoy it.  This third reason is perhaps the most important and yet it's often the most readily overlooked.


I run because I want to see what I’m capable of doing. Sitting in an office 40 hours a week doesn’t necessarily give me the opportunity to find out what I’m capable of (physically at least). Nor does sitting in an office all week allow me to see the world, which is another reason why I love to run. I can’t think of a better way to see the world and interact with it than to do so by foot.  I chose to run  a marathon because I have an intrinsic drive to explore and compete. It’s in my nature to take risks and push the limits.

Why do I run? I enjoy it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment