Thursday 21 July 2011

A Blast From the Past!

On Tuesday 19th July years 5 and 6 put on a stunning performance of the play 'A Blast From the Past'. Although it is tradition for the year 6's in their final year to have an opportunity to have the starring roles, there is still a lot of effort and hard work put in by the year 5's. Ruby Steele from Shakespeare class tells all about the performance and what it was like to be a year 5 in the performance of the year.


'Our school play was extremely funny, although I did struggle to understand most of the jokes. It was about two kids who didn't want to go to school and it showed you what happened in past years in schools. Personally, my favourite bit was the fashion show part. I loved the 1970s outfits. My second favourite part was the photographer scene as everybody laughed! Part of me found it quite boring just being there to sing, although I know we added a lot to the play. I was lucky enough to have a small role as a 'milk girl', which I enjoyed but did find a little embarrassing. Overall I loved the play as it was quite funny, and everyone who came to watch seemed to enjoy it. The year 6's did a great job on thier last play and I look forward to being even more envolved next year.'
Ruby Steele, Shakespeare Class, Year 5

2 comments:

  1. The play was fantastic, very funny especially the fashion show and the Janet and John scenes. Well done everyone

    ReplyDelete
  2. francesca weblin2 October 2011 at 16:59

    it was very funny i was in it as a model a great play and the year sixes did very well

    ReplyDelete